How to Make Vodka Pasta Sauce Recipe
Use our easy-to-follow pasta vodka sauce recipe to make this tasty sauce! Pasta vodka sauce is one of the most versatile and utterly delicious sauces there are. Just beware, it’s quite addictive! This is partly because its recipe is so simple, requiring so few ingredients that you’ll be tempted to make it every day. And the secret to its versatility is this same simplicity. You can soak it up chilled with a chunk of bread, or warm it up with your favorite pasta—the result is always top-notch. It tastes as fresh as a spring garden with bright basil and soft layers of grassy vegetables and sweet, plum tomatoes.
So, how is the best pasta vodka sauce made? The key to an amazing sauce recipe like this one is to get the best-quality ingredients you can find. And in the case of pasta vodka sauce, follow that up with this simple-yet-incredible recipe of ours, and you’ll be deliciously satisfied with the result.
- Kosher Salt
- 1 28-ounce whole plum tomatoes
- 1 table spoon unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 table spoon red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup vodka (consider using Tito’s or Grey Goose)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Handful of basil leaves plus some set aside for topping
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vodka, tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and simmer, stirring often, until the alcohol cooks off, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Stir in the parmesan and basil.