The holidays are coming, and — as we Texans will agree — they are a time for grillin’ and chillin’. As for chilling, we, at Zipps can think of no better way to do this than with a few cocktails.
But hold your horses! There’s more to making a proper cocktail than mixing some juice and tequila into a ball glass. You’ll want to think outside the box, especially since the holidays don’t come around too often. For special occasions, you’ll want to craft special holiday vodka cocktails everyone will love at the grill.
So order some vodka, bring out your shaker, and take notes. These holiday cocktails with vodka ideas will be the talk of your barbeque or dinner party!
Pumpkin Pie Martini
Have you ever figured out what to do with your extra pumpkins after Halloween preparations? Sure, you can always use them for pumpkin soup or pie. But why not make “buzz-worthy” vodka holiday cocktail out of this Halloween icon?
With some vodka and a few minutes, you can! We bring you the Pumpkin Pie Martini.
The Pumpkin Pie Martini is a refreshing holiday cocktail guaranteed to give your guests something new. For this cocktail, you’ll need the following:
- 3 ounces of Taaka Vodka
- 1 shaker bottle
- 3 tablespoons of pureed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Some crushed ice
Making a Pumpkin Pie Martini is a simple 3-step process:
- Mix the vodka, pumpkin, ice, and vanilla: Take the vodka, pureed pumpkin, ice, and vanilla extract, and throw them into the shaker. Shake until you see the concoction turn orange. Afterward, add sugar, and shake again.
- Powder the glass’s rim with cinnamon and sugar: Add a few pinches of cinnamon and sugar to the rim of the glass. For this cocktail, we recommend you use a martini glass.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into the glass and garnish with cinnamon: Empty the shaker’s contents into the martini glass. After you’ve done that, add a few pinches of cinnamon by sprinkling it atop the drink.
The result will be a vodka holiday cocktail that’ll have you rethinking the purpose of a pumpkin for Halloween!
Cranberry Thyme Red
After Halloween, there’s Christmas. And nothing signifies the Yuletide season better than green and red. One beverage has these colors in spades — our twist on Cranberry Thyme Red!
Our version of Cranberry Thyme Red uses vodka instead of gin. To make this Texas vodka holiday cocktail, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 3 ounces of Tito’s Handmade vodka
- 3 ounces of sparkling water (or less)
- 1 ounce of cranberry juice
- 3 teaspoons of lime juice
- 3 thyme sprigs
Follow these steps to create one of our favorite vodka holiday cocktails for the Christmas season!
- Mix the vodka, sparkling water, and cranberry juice: Pour the vodka, sparkling water, and cranberry juice into your shaker. From there, shake until the mixture turns red.
- Add lime juice: Pour the contents of your shaker into a margarita glass, then add the lime juice to give your cocktail that tangy flavor.
- Garnish your holiday vodka cocktail with thyme sprigs: Drop the sprigs just beside the rims. The thyme won’t just add a holiday touch to the cocktail; it’ll also enhance its flavor, telling everyone that it’s “thyme” for Christmas!
The Chilton Cocktail
Are you looking for one cocktail that’s a safe bet for any occasion or season? When in doubt, chill out and bust out your vodka to make the Chilton Cocktail!
A classic among Texas holiday cocktails with vodka, the Chilton Cocktail is easy to make and refreshing. All you need for this Lubbock classic are the following ingredients:
- 2 ounces of Svedka vodka
- 2 ounces of fresh lemon juice
- Chilled tonic water
- 1 lemon slice
Follow these steps to whip up this Texas holiday classic!
- Salt the rim of your glass: Add a few pinches of salt to the rim of your glass. You’ll want to use a highball glass for this vodka cocktail.
- Pour the vodka and lemon juice: Carefully pour the vodka and lemon juice into the glass and stir. While stirring, add tonic water.
- Squeeze a lemon slice and use the remainder as a garnish: Add some more zest to the cocktail by squeezing a lemon slice into the glass. Use the remaining lemon as garnish.
And voila! You’ve got a Chilton Cocktail for any holiday occasion.
Stock Your Bar for the Holidays!
The holidays are coming, and for any holiday cocktail you’re planning to mix, you need creativity and the liquors to complete your concoctions.