How do you like your martini? Dirty, or extra dirty? Whatever your choice, we’re here to show you how to make a perfect dirty vodka martini.
The making of a classic, dirty vodka martini has proven to be a hot debate over the years. Since the martini gained popularity in the 70s, various “experts” have shared different methods for preparing this drink. Some say the secret is how it’s put together, and others argue it’s in the quality of its ingredients. Here at Zipps Liquor, we say you’ll achieve the Ultimate Vodka Martini when you follow this carefully-crafted process in its preparation.
To make the best dirty vodka martini, begin by carefully selecting the ingredients you like most. With so few ingredients, after all, each one of them makes a resounding difference. Your olives, the vodka, and the vermouth should be your favorite of each. If you shop quality in these departments, then you’ve already gone more than halfway to the perfect dirty vodka martini.
It’s no secret that this quintessential alcoholic beverage derives its characteristic taste from the extra “kick” you get from the addition of olive brine. Adding olive juice brings acidity and salt to a martini, and is also responsible for the change in color of the martini, hence its “dirtiness.” Dirty martinis are also typically served with whole olives on top of it.
Follow our easy-to-use recipe devised after our own series of extensive research and experimentation, and you will be glad you did!
- 6 ounces of your favorite vodka (Check out the types of Vodka we carry at Zipps here)
- 1/2 ounce of dry Vermouth
- 1 ounce of green olive juice (brine)
- 2-3 large stuffed green olives
- Add ice cubes and cold water to a martini glass to chill glass.
- Add vodka, vermouth and olive juice into a martini shaker, add ice and shake to chill.
- Drain water from the martini glass and strain the martini from the shaker into the glass.
- Add olives and serve.*
* Also fabulous with bleu cheese stuffed olives!