There are so many tasty drink recipes with gin you can make, the possibilities are almost endless! These 3 drink recipes with gin made our list because they’re easy to make, tasty, and provide unique flavors.
All about Gin
Among spirits, gin is one of the clearest and most potent in unique flavor. And since it doesn’t undergo any type of aging in oak, gin ultimately passes from the “still” to the “bottling” phase in a matter of a couple of weeks.
Developed in Holland, but popularized globally by the British, gin is usually based in one of the following grains: corn and barley or selected wheat.
In general, gins are divided into four large groups: the Classic London Dry (dryer more rustic), the London Dry International (less intense, said to be “softer”), the Distilled Gin (doubly distilled, which goes down smooth and is considered very easy to drink) and the Old Tom Gin (softer and popular for new palates).
One of the charms of gin is the set of classic cocktails you can mix with it. Here are our 3 favorite gin drink recipes that are sure to go down easy. Be sure to tell us which is your favorite after you’ve tried them all!
1. Gin Gin Mule Recipe
This drink is a hybrid of a Moscow Mule, a Mojito, and a Gin and Tonic, so if you like any of these drinks separately, you will love them together!
- 2 oz (1 shot) of your favorite gin (see our list of Gin we carry here)
- 1/2 oz of lime juice
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup
- 1 oz of ginger beer
- Splash of club soda
- 6 mint sprigs
- 1/2 Lime slice for Garnish
- Ice to taste
- Muddle the lime juice, syrup, and mint sprigs in a cocktail shaker
- Add the gin and ginger beer, then shake well
- Pour into a tall glass
- Add a splash of club soda
- Garnish with a lime
2. Dry Martini
This cocktail has a unique flavor that won’t be the best for those that like sweet cocktails. For those that like dirty martinis, a dry martini may be a great cocktail to try.
- 4 oz (2 shots) of your favorite Gin (see our list of Gin we carry here)
- 1/2 oz of dry vermouth
- 2 green olives speared onto 1 stick
- Pour ice into the martini glass and leave it for a while to cool.
- Then add the gin to the shaker with plenty of ice and shake.
- Once the glass is completely cold, discard the ice and spread the glass with a minimum amount of vermouth (this makes it a dry drink).
- Serve in the glass with the help of a strainer and, finally, place the olives into the drink.
3. Cucumber Gin Spritz
This delicious cocktail is great for those who want a light and refreshing drink that goes down easily.
- 2 oz (1 shot) of your favorite Gin (see our list of Gin we carry here)
- 1 oz of simple syrup
- 1 cucumber
- 4 oz dry prosecco or other sparkling white wine
- Splash of club soda
- Cut the cucumber into 3 long ribbons.
- Combine gin, simple syrup, cucumber, and ice into a cocktail shaker
- Muddle the ingredients together
- Shake until all ingredients are integrated.
- Pour the drink into a tall glass
- Pour the sparkling white wine or prosecco into the glass
- Pour a splash of club soda into the glass
- Garnish with cucumber (optional)