With Christmas just around the corner, its never too early to think about those holiday themed drinks. A personal favorite of our is the classic Egg Nog! Check out the recipe below and give it a try and make sure to grab all the needed booze at Zipps!
- For the Meringue
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- For the Cream and egg mixture
- For the meringue, whisk the egg whites and sugar in a bowl or stand mixer until it forms stiff peaks, set aside in a refrigerator
- Take the egg yolks and sugar and whisk together in a medium bowl until it is light and creamy
- In a sauce pan over a medium high heat, combine the cream, milk, nutmeg and salt
- Take a spoonful of the hot milk mixture and add it to the egg mixture whisking vigorously, repeat until most of the mixture is combined with the eggs, tempering the eggs.
- Pour the combined mixture into the sauce pan on the stove, whisk constantly to avoid it burning on the bottom.
- Bring the mixture up to 160F in temperature and remove from the heat, add in the vanilla.
- Store egg nog in a container with a tight seal on it in your fridge.
- Before serving, add in however much nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon you would like and gently fold in your egg white meringue.
Find a liquor store near me to shop the ingredients