Our 3 Favorite Drink Recipes with Vodka
All about Vodka
There are endless drink recipes with Vodka out there, but these 3 made our list for their taste and strength. Vodka remains one of the most versatile drinks in the world. It can be mixed with certain elements to bring out its sweetness. It can be mixed with others to bring out its dryer flavors. Popular movies have made certain vodka drinks look so appetizing, in fact, that they’ve started to influence how some of these vodka cocktails are made.
Today, you’ll see our list of favorite vodka drink recipes. These are simple enough to try at home, and familiar enough on the big screen and in the real world that you will surely feel like a real “character” sipping on one!
This is the cocktail that became best known for being the favorite of Carrie Bradshaw, Sarah Jessica Parker’s character in the series “Sex and the City.” The Cosmopolitan is served in a martini glass flared either with a slice of lemon or a little lemon rind.
- 2 oz (1 shot) of your favorite vodka (see our list of vodka we carry here)
- 2 oz (1 shot) of Peach Liqueur
- 1 oz (1/2 shot) of Cointreau
- 1 oz of lemon juice
- 2 oz of cranberry juice
- In a cocktail shaker (if you don’t have one, you can use a glass jar with a lid, it’s not as glamorous but it works the same way), add all the ingredients and stir with energy.
- Serve in a glass with a slice of lemon.
2. Bloody Mary
The story of how the Bloody Mary combination came about is unclear. There are several theories. One of them is that this salty and savory cocktail was first created in Club 21 of New York. Another theory says it was created by Fernand Petiot in 1921. And finally, a third theory says a waiter named Hery Zbikiewicz claims its creation in 1930.
Regardless its origin, surely the name “Bloody Mary” catches your eye. There are several theories about the name itself, too. One says that the drink was associated with Queen Mary I of England, while another theory says it was related to actress Mary Pikflord. The third and most likely theory goes that the name arose by chance.
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite Vodka (see our list of Vodka we carry here)
- 2 oz tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- A couple of drops of Tabasco
- a pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- A celery stalk or, if you prefer, an olive and a piece of pickle (or any combination thereof)
- In a cocktail shaker, or as before in a glass jar, mix all the ingredients and stir to mix.
- Serve in a tall glass with ice, decorated with lemon and a few sprigs of celery.
3. Vodka Gimlet
It might surprise you, but the origin of the vodka gimlet dates back to the end of the 18th century. As the story goes, a marine doctor recommended that sailors mix lemon juice with the liquors they tended to drink in order to alleviate the effects of scurvy on long trips. (This disease appears when there is a deficit of vitamin C that, in addition to many fruits, is present in almost all vegetables.)
- 2 oz (1 shot) of your favorite Vodka (see our list of Vodka we carry here)
- 1 oz of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of club soda
- 2 slices of lemon
- Fill a shaker with ice, add the ingredients and stir for a few seconds.
- Then, serve in a tall glass with ice.
And that’s it! Make sure to check out one of our top products, Taaka Vodka.