Happy National Irish Coffee Day!
On a cold, wet day in 1942 weary travelers to the small Shannon Airport in southwest Ireland found their way to a restaurant and chef Joe Sheridan. To warm his guests, he served them hot coffee, spiked with whiskey and topped with whipped cream. The passengers asked if the beverage was Brazilian coffee. Sheridan responded that it was Irish coffee. Since that day, one of the most popular cocktails in the world has carried that name and has reached all the world over. Today we celebrate National Irish Coffee Day and we put together a recipe today that you can try out! Grab a cup of your favorite roast, a bottle of Jameson and top it with whipped cream!
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar (to taste)
- 4 ounces of strong, hot coffee
- 1.5 ounces of Irish Whiskey (Jameson is what we like to use!)
- Whipped cream to top it off!
- Place your brown sugar in a mug or glass of your choice (make sure it is heatproof!).
- Add in your coffee and Irish Whiskey
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved
- Top with Whipped cream and enjoy!
Find a liquor store near you to shop the ingredients